Re: PPP Lock-ups

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 22:21:43 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Nick Johnson wrote:

> We have a few users who are experiencing a problem that has me
> befuddled. After connecting for a seemingly random amount of time, the
> user's internet connectivity comes to a halt, although the modems remain
> connected. Attempts to alleviate the problem by modem configuration
> changes and MTU/MRU settings have failed.

can you ping them? What are they using? What ComOS do you have? What
product are you using PM2 or PM3 or other?

> I noticed in searching the mailing list archives that others were having
> some problems with this in the past. Was this issue ever resolved or was
> a solution ever proposed?

Yes, people have had different problems... mines is a user's Supra getting
disconnected to a PM3 with ComOS 3.5.1b8... can't follow up on this yet,
until I contact the user and have him bring in the modem...

--
Aloha,

Sherwood