Re: Multilink PPP

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 16:09:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Jim Covington wrote:

>Can anyone give me the command line syntax to turn on Multilink PPP for
>2 ports. The book descibes doing it, but no samples.

All you have to do is to tell your terminal adapter to make a Multilink
2 channel (128K) connect. You don't have to do anything special on the
Portmaster side. During the Multilink negotiation, when the connection is
made with two ports and the same login, the Portmaster will do the right
thing. The only configuration that may need to be set is for MultiChassis
PPP, there you have to set your endpoint terminal adapter chassis (this is
described in the manuals)