Re: What do the db levels Mean(T1 questions)

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:24:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Kyle Platts wrote:

> >Could I simulate a T1 in house, I have 2 Adtran TSUs, Livingston Office
> Router and a PM2ER. Could I hook them up directly(the Adtrans) and emulate
> a T1. The reason I ask, is we are helping a customer set up a Point to
> Point T1 and it will be a couple of weeks before they can get their T1
> installed. It would be nice to get all the equipment set up, routing and
> all that in house.
>
> Yes, you can do this. Just remember to set one TSU for internal timing and the other for loop. Don't forget to roll the pairs between the units also.

Such as:

1 -------------------- 4

I assume I would also be able to set up the channels for doing 128K,
256K, 384K, etc....?

This looks like the only way to fly when installing remote POPs. It looks
pretty straight forward. Is it really this simple?

Thanks

Later
Kelley