Re: Ascend MAX4048 and MAX4060, What do they cost? (fwd)

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 23:21:28 -0500

At 07:15 PM 4/23/97 -1000, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:
>Unfortunately, some marketing 'genius' has been sending unsolicited
>e-mail, not with ascend directly...hehe that bob@msn.com or something like
>that. I think it's amusing, personally, to see the crap marketing puts
>out. Then when you slam the sales reps on a technical issue they
>basically fold and crawl away. Kevin, in my opinion, is the Ascend
>version of MZ and does a wonderful job supporting his line of products.
>It is good to see comparisons of products and I think both companies
>garner new ideas for up-coming products.

Speaking of this, I'll ask, nay DEMAND an answer to why I can send a
message to Maj. D with a "who" and get back the list addresses. WTF!?

I do appreciate Kevin Smith at least saying that he would look into this
and would like to be removed from the "list" that I never subscibed to.

This is a bit of hot thing with me at the moment, as I have to educate a
substantial customer or ours on proper marketing on the net and when it
come right down to it, MIX will either have a choice of losing a 4 digit
customer or me walking... the customer will go. At least they are willing
to listen on the right way to advertise.

Now I will listen for an answer to this from Livingston and hopefully Kevin.

(and I see to be getting more junk mails lately, which at least I can block :)

Pardon my bitching,

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990