Re: 56K modem upgrade

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 23:00:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Pete Kruckenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Marty Likier wrote:
>
> > Recently I have fielded many inquires from PM3 owners who want to swap
> > their 8-modem cards for 10-modem cards during the 56K modem upgrade
> > process. Well I've got some good news. Livingston will allow all web 56K
> > registered customers to make the modem swap. As an example, if you already
> > own 6 x 8-modem cards (48 modems), you can exchange them for 4 x 10-modems
> > and 1 x 8-modem cards (48 modems) during the exchange process.
>
> I assume this is "exchange plus price difference"? Otherwise, I've got
> about 7 10-modem cards I'd like to exchange for 8-modem cards and a refund
> on the price difference.

Looks pretty cut and dry simple to me, you have 48 modems on 8-modem cards
and you can swap em out for 4 10-modem cards an a 8-modem card, giving you
a grand total of 48 modems if you choose to do so, leaving one slot open
for whatever new goodies Livingston has in store (WAN cards)

Tim Flavin Internet Access for St Louis & Chicago
Internet 1st, Inc Toll Free Sales & Support 800-875-3173
http://www.i1.net For more information email info@i1.net