Re: Rumor... (fwd)

Kevin Smith (kevin@ascend.com)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:32:44 -0700

At 10:46 PM 4/21/97 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Sherwood Pekelo shaped the electrons to say...
>>'...48 or 60 concurrent access channels that may be comprised of V.34 or
>>56 Kbps analog, 56/64 Kbps Frame Relay, or ISDN BRI.'
>
>I wonder if they meant B channels and not 'BRI'?

I think it was meant to be B channels. It was referring to the remote
device being BRI....a little confusing I agree...

> Or can these take the
>S/T BRI cards?

Yes they can.

>But if so, then you are limited to fewer channels if you
>want to hit modems with them. And the PRI ports are superfluous...

Why ?

>>How will the sales rep explain that PRI can't do 48 lines/channels?
>
>Well, 2 PRI.

Or channelized T1...

>>Another question on my mind, is their Series56 already with working
>>K56Flex code?
>
>I think they've just started shipping their cards. Not sure if the 56K
>code is with this HW though. But they are FLASH upgradable from what I have
>seen.

There was a press announcement a while ago about successful field trials....

>>Ascend's industry-leading support of Remote Authentication Dial-In
>>Services (RADIUS) is standard with every MAX 4048 and 4060, greatly
>>
>>Hey MZ, what is with the copyright fair-use etc on RADIUS, don't they need
>>to credit Livingston with the RADIUS name? Love it when a competitor
>
>RADIUS is a trademark of Livingston, they *SHOULD* have a 'TM' on that and
>a note on the page that the trademark is ours, technically.

I'll pass that on to the Marcom people...

Kevin Smith Updated Service and Support
Customer Satisfaction Resources are now at:
Ascend Communications http://www.ascend.com/service