Re: PM3 Cards (fwd)

Christopher Hicks (chicks@chicks.net)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:08:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> Why are the BRI cards so far away / if ever? It can't be that
> hard to design it.

Fitting all those NT-1's on a PM3-sized card would be pretty cool. I'm
sure they welcome your design suggestions. :-) ( I've dabbled enough in
EE to avoid saying "can't be that hard". Having heard that while
discussing software specs makes me naturally suspicious of the phrase. )

> Of course, Livingston has enough things to do right now to
> keep them busy 24 hours a day for a few years.

Can we start a soda, beer and pizza fund for 'em? Give out little post
cards to put on your fridge of your adopted Livingston engineer?

> I should go make my own terminal server in my garage.. haha :)

If somebody could come with a 5-BRI card that'd simulate modems I'd whip
out a linux driver for it. :-) But if we did that our soda, beer and
pizza fund would turn into an unemployment subsidy. (Yeah, right...)

</chris>

Any chance of those paper cups and string being upgraded to tin cans
and wire? Or as a coworker has said . . . I've seen better throughput
from a pair of gorillas and flash cards. -Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>