Re: Any Magic Incantation for USWest?

Luther D. Keal (dkeal@primenet.com)
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 14:37:02

On the contrary (trunk side uses more bandwidth) -- One of the switch gurus
told me that on a line side termination these are the cons:

1 - more equipment to install (D-4 banks)
2 - addedd cable/wire cost (2 wires for every channel from the switch)
3 - two loops are required on the switch to terminate one call with dial tone

I spoke to our guys down here and asked how many BRI they have installed
for our fair city. The answer "oh, 4 or 5!" Now I took this little piece
of information (along with the 3 points above) to my US West account rep.
One of the arguments was if I upgrade to trunk side CT-1 then I can
terminate an ISDN call. Gee, that means that you guys might sell a few
BRI. Money in your pocket, easier for me, better service to my customers,
lower maintenance at the switch, and a savings in resources (loops,
bandwidth, cable, etc).

dkeal