Re: Any Magic Incantation for USWest?

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 00:26:24 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> Not that I'm aware of. We get line-side CT1's for ~$1200 and trunk-side
> CT1's for almost $2000 :(
>
> It's worth it for us, half of the reason for getting CT1 is the lack of
> pairs US West can get to us in a reasonsable time-frame so BRI is not an
> option.

Why ever would they charge more for line side CT1's when it costs them
more to do so? Or do they have tons of channel banks laying around?
Wouldn't a Trunk side interface card for their switch cost less than the
cards for 24 lines and the channel bank, take up less resources in their
switch and provide a better quality signal to boot? Or am I making too
much sense?

Doug Ingraham There are two kinds of people in the world.
Rapid City, SD Those who put everything in two categories
USA and those who don't.