Re: portmaster PM3 (fwd)

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:11:29 -1000 (HST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:18:36 -0700
From: Marty Likier <marty@livingston.com>
To: Sherwood Pekelo <spekelo@iav.com>
Subject: Re: portmaster PM3

At 08:34 PM 4/16/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> >Short answer yes... if they are good of course... ;)
>> >
>> >Now the $64 question is, will the PM3 notify you of bad DSPs/Ports? Or do
>> >you need to query it...in other words do you have to telnet to the box, or
>> >will it show up in logs?
>>
>> Today the PM3 requires you to query the box to determine if a DSP is
>> out-of-service.
>
>Thanks Marty... any particular commands, show all will show the PRI/T1
>ports, show mX possibly, but then you'd have to go through all the modems,
>show sessions will do only the 'live' DSPs... don't tell me you have a
>hidden command.. ;)

You can issue a sh mo (show modem) command. At least that gives you all
modem status at once.

--
Marty Likier
Product Marketing Mgr.

Hey, I knew they had a hidden command.... ;)

Thanks Marty! The printed CLI guide needs to have this added in....notating it is for the PM3 or is it ComOS 3.5+?

I would like to request this question be put into the FAQ.

--
Aloha,

Sherwood