Re: Multiple Call Types

Colin Ryan (drop@lglobal.com)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:41:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:

Wouldn't RADIUS do the trick on this with the addition of a new
dictionary item such as NAS-Port-Type = KFlex etc.

then a simple ole'('scuse the probably not quite right syntax but you get
the drift) do the trick ala:

username Auth-Type=UNIX NAS-Port-Type = KFlex,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
.
.
.

> cc'd to support@livingston.com
>

> On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Luther D. Keal wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at how to handle different call types into a PM-3.
> >
> > What I want to do is hanlde regular analog calls for one price, 56K for
> > another, and ISDN Lite for another.
>
> There are ways and there are ways... Parse the radius logs to see what the
> user connects at... have a script running that matches the connect type of
> a user with what they should connect at, and have it reset the port if it
> is the incorrect type.
>
> RFE: radius entry to deny certain protocols to specified users i.e. if
> they pay for analog only 33.6K <, the 56K or ISDN is not accepted for that
> user.
>
> Just a thought...
>
> --
> Aloha,
>
> Sherwood

| Colin P. Ryan \!/ Building Strategies and |
| Local GlobalAccess Inc Solutions for Internets |
| 320 1/2 Bloor St. W. Toronto. ON and Intranets |
| e:drop@lglobal.com Phone: (416)515-7400 |