Re: Announcing K56flex Modems and Ascend MAX Availability (fwd)

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:35:02 -0500

At 10:19 AM 4/16/97 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
>>I wonder if Kevin Smith would care to comment on this, as I received one,
>>but do not own any single piece of Ascend equipment and never did.
>
>I've bought this to the attention of our Marketing VP. I'll let you know what
>the outcome is.

I appreciate the response.

No matter what side you take regarding mass mail, the fact is that users
terminate accounts and since remailers don't use valid addresses <user
unknown> errors about and I'll be damned if have to send a message with
remove... blah.

One time mail, right, just until someone else uses the list of addresses.

Just not a way to market. Even though I work for someone I've known for a
long time, I made it very clear that while I am here, there will be no
support for unsolicted mass mail.

Frankly the whole mess makes it very difficult to track legit mail problems.

OK, I'll stop bitching.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990