Re: routing problem

Daniel Jacobs (danielj@wizard.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:48:06 -0800

All fixed. The customer had dropped his default route when he rebooted his
router :(

Thanks for the input.

dan

On 15 Apr 97 at 22:27, Michael J. Hartwick shaped the electrons to say:

> >> This means there is a bidirectional route from the PM to the other side.

> >> I would guess that the packets are making it past the PM but the other
> >> side doesn't have the route(s) to send the response back to anything
> >> beyond you PM. I would guess that the problem is in the routing on the
> >> other network and not a problem with the PM.
> >
> >Using OSPF? If not, then put a route into your router pointing to the
> >PM...that is one way of doing it...maybe not the best, but it should work
> >until you get VLSM or OSPF running.
>
> It was Daniel having the problem, I gues I went a little crazy clipping the
> lines of the message :). My guess was that the network that he is
> connecting doesn't have the routing quite right. If I understand his
> problem OSPF wouldn't work anyway because it is a "dialup" connection and
> not dedicated.
>

> >--
> >Aloha,
> >
> >Sherwood

> Michael J. Hartwick, VE3SLQ Hartwick Communications Consulting
> hartwick@primeline.net

Daniel Jacobs | @wizard.com - Las Vegas Providers of Internet Services
(702) 871-4461 | http://www.wizard.com/ | danielj@wizard.com
"In art and dream, may you proceed with abandon.
In life, may you proceed with balance and stealth." - Patti Smith