Re: Are PM3 modems reliable enough? (fwd)

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:24:50 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Ilia Zubkov shaped the electrons to say...
> >1. Do you think it is a better dialup solution than, for example, Cisco
> >5200, USR total control or PM2 with USR modems?
>
> I think so.

Oh you're biased!!! then again so am I... GO LIVINGSTON!!

> >2. AFAIK there are plenty of types of modems that do not handshake with PM3
> >modems. Is there any list of such modems? Does Livingston officially keep
> >such a list?

Easy, first those that do NOT have a standard, such as V.FC, V.Fast, HST
etc...

Infotel has a series of modems 1428VQH, V.34, 28800 BPS fax/modem. You
need to get the drivers from their site to enable the V.34 functionality
on Win95...though when I tried it in DOS, I had to lock it into v.32bis

> I wouldn't say plenty. Don't know if anyone keeps a list. We don't,
> especially since we're working on the modem code and it would probably
> be changing constantly.
>
> >3. Are there any official Livingston documents on what the main PM3
> >problems/bugs/disadvantages are and on when they plan to solve these
> >problems?
>
> No.

I believe Marty has posted he will be starting work on a FAQ...

and...

Welcome back MZ! Hope you had fun on your work trip!

--
Aloha,

Sherwood