Re: IP filters/subnetting.

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:10:01 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Robert Hayne wrote:

> I have 4 clients that have requirements of small networks each. Therefore I am
> trying to split a single class "C" to fulfill this purpose.

dialup or LAN routed?

> Now I understand the basic idea behind this, but I have never had to do
> it. Therefore I am requesting opinions on the best way to do it.

[snip]

> What I am not sure of is the isolation of each subnet from one another. This
> is being done on a PM2E.
>
> Any help is always appreciated.

What ComOS? You may want to look at OSPF or VLSM in ComOS 3.5

and I'm not sure if you've given enough information about how it will be
utilized... where are the customers located, will they be using multiple
logins, etc....

More info to debug the situation would be helpful, elsewise it's mostly a
shot in the dark...

Let the list know!

--
Aloha,