Re: uugh, NT stuff.

Christopher Hicks (chicks@chicks.net)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 23:33:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Jacob Suter wrote:
> I set the internal ethernet netmask to 255.255.255.252, along with the
> radius setup. I've currently got him doing PAP onto the PM2, but I am
> not sure if this is correct (I know of the problems with PAP and MTUs,
> wasn't sure if it was the same with netmasks).

You really should use a netmask of .248. This will give him 8 addresses.
(all ones is the network address, all zeros is the broadcast and the other
6 would be for his machines).

</chris>

"He is one of the best teachers I have had... He is well-organized,
presents good lectures, and creates interest in the subject. I
hope my comments don't hurt his chances of getting tenure."