Re: Changing dialback port

Ross Delaforce (ross@livewire.com.au)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 00:11:28 +1000

At 16:34 14/04/97 +0400, Ilia Zubkov wrote:

>Is there or will there be any way to change or specify a dialback port for a
>dialback user? (I know PM always dials back using the same port on which
>the user dialed in.)
>
>My telco provider is trading both very cheap one-way (dialout) lines and
>expensive two-way lines. So I would dream it would save me a lot of money
>if I provide my users with a cheap dialback service as the following: a user
>dials in via an expensive two-way line and logs in as a callback user,
>than PM resets the port and starts dialing to the user's location but using
>another free PM's port where a cheap one-way (dialout) telco line is attached.
>
>Any ideas on such an unusual topic???

Could you set up your expensive two way lines to be "Dial In" Only and
configure your cheap one way dialouts to be "Dial In/Out" to make them
available for both dialback and normal customers?

Not having played with Dialback I might be missing the true use for Network
Dial In, Network Dial Out and Network Dial In/Out...

Regards,

Rossco

ross@livewire.com.au
LIVEWIRE COMMUNICATIONS PO Box 562 MT GRAVATT QLD 4122
Phone: +61 418 486962 Fax: +61 7 3349 0788