Re: Switches - Off topic

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@crocker.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:48:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> Pardon the off topic:
>

> I know some others have mentioned using 3Com and we have a SuperStack II
> Linkstitch 1000 that will not work on the 100bT port, but it does link.
> Also cannot get a full-duplex link. There are a lot of combinations.

Check your cable. Make sure you are using really good Cat-5 cable which
doesn't break any of the cat-5 specs. I have seen factory built cables
that won't pass 100Mhz through them.

> Found that 3Com is useless for help, even if the unit is new out of the box
> and you have a simple question.<sigh>

Ain't that the truth!

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker - Systems Administration  	matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications				Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710					Fax:   (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710			http://www.crocker.com