Re: Cisco to 2ER

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:25:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Joshua Barney wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Joshua Barney wrote:
> >
> > > I have several other Cisco routers and some PM2ERs that are just going to
> > > be coming up. Would I have to add the IETF to all the Serial interfaces
> > > on all the Ciscos or is there some kind of work around???
> >
> > You can set IETF on a per interface basis. Set all the cisco serial
> > interfaces to cisco and all the PM2er Interfaces to IETF (on the cisco of
> > course)
> >
> > -Matt
> >
> But you can't use the command encapsulation frame-relay IETF on the
> subinterfaces....
> --Josh

No, you can't, but you can define IETF on each sub interface:

Some of these are Livingston, some are other manufactures, I use IETF
even on Cisco-Cisco, but you can leave IETF off if you care to on
Cisco-Cisco connections

!
interface Serial5
no ip address
encapsulation frame-relay
!
interface Serial5.1 point-to-point
description to Leadbelt.com
ip address 207.230.36.49 255.255.255.252
bandwidth 512
frame-relay interface-dlci 17 broadcast IETF
!
interface Serial5.2 point-to-point
description Home
ip address 207.230.36.5 255.255.255.252
bandwidth 256
frame-relay interface-dlci 19 broadcast IETF
!
interface Serial5.3 point-to-point
description Advertisnet
ip address 207.230.36.41 255.255.255.252
bandwidth 512
frame-relay interface-dlci 16 broadcast IETF
!

Tim Flavin Internet Access for St Louis & Chicago
Internet 1st, Inc Toll Free Sales & Support 800-875-3173
http://www.i1.net For more information email info@i1.net