Re: Fighting NYNEX Prices, the PM2/BRI Approach

Jack Kilday (jkilday@server.nlbbs.com)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 16:29:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Jack Kilday wrote:
>
> > PM2/BRI Alternative
> > -------------------
> > Price per port: Current street for PM2e-30, $2000/30 = $67
> > US Robotics ISDN I-modem = 290
> > Per Port NYNEX Install: ISDN BRI 141
> > ---
> > Total One-Time cost per port: $498
> >
> > Monthly NYNEX Cost per port: ISDN BRI = $56 (no measured service
> > charge when hosting calls)

> is the price for the PM2e-30 new or used? If new, could I have contact
> info?

I used the most frequently asked price for used PM2-30's. As for sources,
you can look back over the archives of this list for the past month.

> This seems to be a viable alternative, and also helps to maintain
> customers with non-standards modems... or does it? Does the I-modem
> support V.fast V.FC?

USR specs specifically list V.FC and a "horde of others" all covered under
the V.EVERYTHING umbrella (including v.34+, of course).

- Jack

Jack Kilday * jkilday@nlis.net | Maine's Premier ISP & Oldest IBM BBS
Northern Lights Internet Services | * * Telnet to 'nlbbs.com 6000' * *
207-761-1991 * http://www.nlbbs.com | The Home of ZipNews -==- ftp.nlbbs.com