Re: PM3 modem configuration commands?

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 06:27:33 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Robert M. Zachok wrote:

> A question regarding the modems on the PM3.
>
> Do we have any control over the connection speed? We've placed a new
> PM3/PRI in a remote POP that has been known for telco lines of marginal
> quality. We'd like to reserve the PM3 for use with v.34 and faster modems.
> Specifically, I'd like to be able to set minimum connect speeds so that
> the modems will not connect on v.32 or v.22 connections (our existing hunt
> and modems are perfectly adequate for that), thus reserving the PM3 for
> high speed modems only.
>
> Is this possible? TIA

Now that's a good question! I would assume no, with a caveat, you could
hack Radius, write a script/program or the like, which would be after the
fact of negotiating a connection...meaning I don't believe ComOS has the
functionality to limit connect rates in this manner. But after connection
the script could query the PM3 regarding speeds and reset the modem ports
appropriately. A kludge or hack, but *shrug* will kinda work.

Note I've cc'd to support for their response, hopefully directly back to
Robert and to this list.. 8)

--
Aloha,

Sherwood