Re: A simple subnetting question

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 18:44:24 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Curt Eckhart wrote:

> OK, I'm sure that there's a dozen or two of you who can answer this in
> your sleep.

I wish I were sleeping... ;)

> I'm trying to set up a simple subnet of a Class C network into a .192
> subnet configuration. I've tried to assign a segment of this to one
> customer using the following radius entry:

Basic question: what ComOS?

This will determine what you can and can't do... previous to ComOS 3.5 you
have to put a static route into your router... ComOS 3.5+ you have a
couple of options... OSPF, VLSM, throwing static routes into your router
again....

Let the list know, as I still haven't read up on OSPF or VLSM, though on
the livingston site I hear is a great info page(s)...

--
Aloha,

Sherwood