Re: ComOS Features

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 05:20:48 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, AIS Technical Staff wrote:

> On 9 Apr 97 at 19:11, Sherwood Pekelo thought it important
> to discuss Re: ComOS Features:

[snip]

> > > !! will repeat the last command:
> > >
> > > lab-pm2e> !!
> > > ver
> > > Livingston PortMaster PM-2e ComOS 3.5.1b11
> > > System uptime is 5 days 8 hours 17 minutes
> >
> > enough!! hehe, what page in the manuals is this on? Thanks to ALL who
> > replied to this, though...please unless it's private send back to the
> > list... ;) I think I got 8-10 of these..
> >
> > hmmm, programable keyboard at my hands... I think I'll map one key just
> > for !!....
> >
> > 8)
> >
> Map one key to replace two? Wow, that new Win 95 key (to replace Ctrl-Esc)
> has really made us lazy, eh?! 8-}

actually 3 keystrokes... !![enter]

and it's a gateway 120-something key programable keyboard....makes for
some quicker editting of webpages too... ;)

Now I just use the mapped key to check the first few connections and if I
want to go back to the beginning again just hit the key twice.... Okay so
I'm lazy sometimes...;) maybe I should configure a key to do the PM
config too...heheheh

--
Aloha,

Sherwood