Re: Editing the MIB on PM2ER-30

Andy Doolittle (andy@server.livingston.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> Name: interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.97
> Gauge: 0

Actually, our SNMP software is so fast that in the time it takes for it
to sample the interface packets don't have time to pass through, hence
the speed is 0.

> *bang head against wall* I never noticed that it didn't even give an
> interface speed.. I wonder when Livingston is going to beef up the SNMP
> support? I remember a while back they hired someone to do just that.

We did. Unfortunately, he's an ex rugby player and accidentally
implemented an SMTP daemon in the ComOS instead. We thumped him aside
the head a few times, and now he's going down the right path (we think
8-)

Should have some real news about SNMP forthcoming.

> Answer: Not sure, you may be able to set a write community and write the
> variable to the PM, not sure though.
>
> On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Stacy H Trippe wrote:
>
> > I want to monitor the load on my frame-relay port on my PM2ER. The MIB
> > variable:
> > ifSpeed.97 ; 0
> >
> > ....this is causing a problem with a script that I'm running to monitor
> > the load, and I need to edit the variable and assign it as such:
> >
> > ifSpeed.97 ; 1544000
> >
> > Can someone tell me how I can accomplish such a task?

andy
++++
In Redmond, no one can hear you scream ...

My opinions, of course, are my own, unless they were given to me by my
employer.

Andrew Doolittle - Sr. Engineer Livingston Enterprises
email: andy@livingston.com vmail: (800)458-9966
smail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588