Re: OSPF Question

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 19:14:20 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Stephen M. Milton wrote:

> What does the following command actually do?
>
> set ospf area 0.0.0.0 range 204.157.237.0/24 quiet
^----------^ ^--------------------^ ^---^
A B C

A - This defines an area called "0.0.0.0", OSPF areas can be either a
single number (1, 536, 135, etc.) or in IP Address format like this
one.

B - This defines the range of interface addresses to enable OSPF on.
Above, any interface with a local IP address that falls within the
204.157.237.0 /24 block will be set up for OSPF in the area and with
the parameters you specify in that line.

C - "Quiet" tells it to listen to, but not broadcast OSPF routes.

> My network is setup with two CIDR/24s and one CIDR/23. Should I add
> ranges for the other two networks? Do I need to add the additional
> ranges on all the portmasters separately or will they share the
> information?

My comments above should answer this question, e-mail me back if not.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico