Re: Busy Out on PM3

Marty Likier (marty@livingston.com)
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 13:20:54 -0700

At 04:42 PM 4/9/97 -0500, Chris Gauthier wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Marty Likier wrote:
>

>> On the PM3, the only way to remove a modem from service is with the set mX
>> on|off command. And you are correct, if you set a modem to off, the current
>> user will be dropped.
>

>Just so that I am clear, however, this will *not* busy out the line, am I
>correct?

Correct. There is no direct correlation between DSPs (modems) registered in
the PM3 modem pool, and the CT1 or PRI DS0s. However if the PM3 is
configured PRI with modem cards installed and all set to off (removed from
the READY pool), upon an incoming call , the PM3 will issue a cause code 17
to the switch which means user busy. In PRI terms, it likes a busy signal.
So if you have a hunt group, the call will roll over to the next available
line.

--
Marty Likier
Product Marketing Mgr.