Re: ISDN via DOV probs

keith (keith@3wpower.com)
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 01:36:38 -0400

Karl Denninger wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 1997 at 06:00:53PM -0400, keith wrote:
> > We connecting our first ISND customer via D0V and CHT1 (very exciting).
> > However the customer is only able to connect on one channel. Buy the way
> > we do not have any ISDN customers connected via livingston products at
> > this point, this our first PM3. It seems as if the MAX Ports option in
> > PMConsole may control this, however it will not let me use 2 as an
> > option. Any suggestions...do we have the PM3 misconfigured somehow?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Keith Snell
> > 3W Power Internet Services
> > Boston, MA
>
> Yes.
>
> 112kbps DOVBS does in fact work; I have tested this extensively.
>
> You *DO* have to have Max-Ports set to "2", or the second channel gets
> rejected. This is as it should be.

"DO" seems to be the problem. PMConsole will not accept a Max Ports
setting of 2, it keeps resetting to 0. Is there a portmaster or radius
config that restricts Max ports? (note: his one line connection works
perfectly). Since this is our first Dual Port customer on the PM3, i
assume im overlooking something very simple. Have combed the manuals and
havent come up with an answer.

Wisdom for the PM3 challenged...

Keith Snell
3W Power Internet Services