Re: Sorry, asked again, how to stop multiple logins

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:23:53 -0500

On Mon, Apr 07, 1997 at 08:09:08AM -1000, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Douglas Sand wrote:
>
> > Livingston does NOT support this feature.
> >
> > I have gotten a program called PMMON whic is doing this for us. It can
> > stop OR allow multiple logins, it also has some features in it that are
> > covered by the pm software like idle time out; max session times; max
> > session times during peak periods and many reports (all allowing exceptions.
> >
> > Off hand I do not remember the address for it, but I am sure you can do a
> > Yahoo search and find it...if not, let me knwo and I will get the url for you.
>

> <http://www.squashduck.com>
>
> cost is $500 .. ouch .. anyone got the demo version to work with the pm3
> yet?
>
> --
> Aloha,
>
> Sherwood

This is a difficult problem to solve CORRECTLY.

In an MP-enabled environment, it gets A LOT harder.

Hint: You have a customer with a 2B ISDN account. They connect. You see
"two" sessions, but they're not really two distinct sessions :-)

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal