Re: Saving configs

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 03:31:32 -0600

At 04:42 PM 4/4/97 -1000, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:
>*ding* (light goes on)
>
>Jeff, could you post a sample deleting/changing the appropriate
>information, such as password.

set password fubar
set ether0 address a.b.c.10
set chap off
set authentic a.b.c.1
set nameserver a.b.c.1
set nameserver 2 a.b.c.2
set loghost a.b.c.1
set syslog user-logins local4.info
set syslog termination local4.info
set syslog admin-logins local6.info
set ipx off
set gateway a.b.c.254 1
set default broadcast
set ether0 routing listen
set ospf enable
save all
reboot

First batch.

>I don't have to use it yet...but when we start growing faster I can see
>where this will be very useful and I'm sure quite a few people here would
>love to reduce their workload...

I suppose you could get fancy and use a script to generate a file, but
since a have quite a few telnets open on my 95 machine, swipe and paste
work fine.

Basically all commands that I need to do are there, of course there are
some that must be unique to each. All the common ones are easy enough.

Seems obvious to me. <shrug>

I gave up on cloning, unless it was for just one or a few ports.

>Just a passing thought, but I must commend all on this list for their
>professionalism and general upbeat tone. Seldom does one see such
>comraderie and assistance in such a competitive business.

That's because this the tech department, not sales. ;-)

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990