Re: USR Lowers Pricing (fwd)

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:19:43 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Jordan Mendelson shaped the electrons to say...
> >At the time we purchased the PM3, the USR was about $560/port. I guess
> >they are going all out to support x2. Is this the beginning of a price
> >war?
>
> USR is desperate to sell TCs - even with the X2 push they were losing.

This also a ploy to get of their stock of old chassis without the
built-in fan tray and the ability to take their future high density modem
cards.

Of course, a PM3 doesn't generate enough heat to heat your office.

I'll actually be buying one TC rack because of X2, and because of the
problems the PM3s have with some modems.

Brian