Re: RFE!!!!! (fwd)

S. Van Steen (steven@glo.be)
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:17:13 +0200 (MET DST)

> On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Jake (not the snake) Messinger wrote:
>
> > New command line option to clone ports in 1 move. For example, lets say I
> > set up port s0 exactly how I need it. Then I want to be able to type:
> >
> > clone s0 all
> >
> > Similarly with PMCONSOLE, I want to have a clone to ALL feature.
>
> For what it's worth, I sincerely agree with Jake. Having just recently
> had to set up 5 consecutive pm11s all with the exact same port
> configuration, I was thinking to myself "it sure would be nice to have
> clone work for all ports".

Long time ago I spent some time typing out our entire config, since then all
I need to do to configure a new box is:
- set dip switches, connect ethernet, plug in terminal
- power on the box, log in, set ether0 address and netmask
- telnet to the box and do a couple of copy&paste's
This whole procedure takes less than 5 minutes.

--Steven.