Re: Aptiva modem cluster #$%@

Jean-Francois Laplante (jeff@bbsi.net)
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 16:19:50 -0800

At 14:29 97-04-01 -0500, you wrote:
>At one point or another I saw a post for a software upgrade for those
>piece-o-crap Aptiva modems. We've finally found a client that still has
>one. I saw on IBM's site a 4 disk download for the comm program is this
>the one we need or is a simple patch available?

To the best of my knowledge, no software upgrade will make this crappy
modem work with the PM3. I would say it's more like an IBM bug that a
Livingston bug. However, the Mwave work just fine with normal analog
modems. Lets see who is going to fix it first: IBM or Livingston.

JF.

INTERNET - BBSI Inc. + Fournisseur de Service Internet
Jean-Francois Laplante + et
jeff@bbsi.net + Babillard Electronique
418-968-6381 modems + Internet Service Provider
418-968-4433 voix/voice + and
418-968-5634 fax + Electronic Bulletin Board
141 Regnault Sept-Iles Quebec G4R 4M4