Re: Why waste your time and money on 2400b pri circuit- we need OSPF NOW! (fwd)

Bradley Dunn (bradley@dunn.org)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 23:12:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> If it is that important get some Ciscos to do it for you. Why is OSPF so
> important for dialup setups like the people on this list? I don't have a
> huge setup so I don't need any high level routing protocols right now.

Because people on this list are growing, and growing FAST. We would like
to continue to use Livingston products, but having to deal with
redistribution, broadcast storms every 30 seconds, that cute little subnet
table, etc. does not scale. We need scalability and we needed it
yesterday.

-BD