Re: Upgrading PM2e & er

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 11:29:47 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, John G. Thompson wrote:

> 1) Get the new ComOS AND its release notes off the livingston web site.
>
> 2) READ the release notes.
>
> 3) If you don't have them, get the ComOS and release notes for your
> current version of the ComOS.
>
> 4) Read the current ComOS release notes.
>
> 5) Read the new ComOS release notes.

I was thinking. You might want to add something to this. <G> I've
noticed that, if you're upgrading across more than a single ComOS, the
Release Notes for the latest ComOS doesn't contain everything.

For instance, I upgraded from 3.1.4 to 3.3.2. (And now 3.3.3) I had to
grab a coupld of release notes (3.3.1, 3.3.2, etc) to find out about all
the changes.

And I do agree reading the release notes is very helpful, if not needed.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.