Re: A routing problem and possible solutions (fwd)

Marc Rouleau (mer@world.evansville.net)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:37:13 -0600 (CST)

On Nov 25, 11:11am, MegaZone wrote:
>> Ok, here's my problem and some potential solutions. We use static routing
>> on our Ciscos to get packets from our OSPF backbone to the async
>
> Would this be alleviated with OSPF on the PMs, so you don't need the static
> routes?

I think so. It'll definitely handle single-host dialup connections, but
what will happen when a non-OSPF network is connecting to us? I trust we
will be able to establish static routes on our Portmasters and redistribute
them into OSPF?

> Yes. This has come up before. I believe there is an RFE open for a 'black
> hole' route.

I guess that means that the ComOS 3.5 OSPF implementation lacks this feature?
If so, how will we handle dialup host routes -- will we be able to aggregate
them into /27 subnets on a per-Portmaster basis even when not all ports are
in use? Or will they have to propagate as host routes?

-- Marc Rouleau

VP and Director of Engineering Voice: (812) 479-1700 Fax: (812) 479-3439
World Connection Services, LLC The Home of Evansville Online
http://www.evansville.net