Re: Progam to crash Portmasters

Jon Lusky (lusky2@earth.voyageronline.net)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 19:17:18 -0500 (EST)

Dave Andersen writes:
> It's been fixed for a loooong time now, and almost any Livingston product
> you stumble across will be completely immune to it. You also can't crash
> the PMs with weird IP packets, at least to my knowledge - the "win 95 ping"
> bug most certainly doesn't work.

I haven't tried on a 3.3.3 box, but on 3.3.1 I was able to run a 2E30
out of nbufs using win95 ping (I was on the same ethernet, tho). Sometimes
it recovered on its own after a few minutes, sometimes I got sick of waiting
and rebooted.

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929