Re: On-going cost effectiveness of PM3?

DamienT (damient@livewire.digicity.net)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 12:26:40 -0800

At 11:04 PM 11/23/96 -0600, Jacob Suter wrote:

>I'd recomend jumping off your high horse. If it was ment for Joe,
>send it to Joe instead of trying to start static on the list. What
>we need less of on this list is people with too much money and time
>on their hands that like to raise up dust.

It was a public response to a public proclamation about the release
date of a ComOS upgrade, and if memory serves me correctly, you didn't
appear to be too concerned about the signal to noise ratio on the list
while you participated in the Linux vs FreeBSD flame...er, debate that
took place recently. I can only wish I had too much time and money,
neither of which is the case...or I wouldn't need to lease a PM3.

But this shouldn't devolve into an issue of personalities. I'll admit
that my response was pretty harsh and too personal, however I don't
think that my expectations for Livingston to stand behind what they
tell us is unreasonable. As evidenced by the other responses here,
other companies do make plans around dates announced by Livingston
(although perhaps we should know better by now.)

And lest anyone think that this whole thread was a waste of time and
energy, please see my comments and re-post (with permission) of the
message sent to me by Joe Sasek of Livingston...