Re: Computone? (fwd)

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:27:43 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> First of all I don't think MZ's response was nasty and from what I have
> noticed glancing at this list everyone does send the Computones back and
> gets portmasters.

I've never mentioned it before, but I did get a Powerrack after already
having one Portmaster, and I too sent the Powerrack back and got another
Portmaster.

The Powerrack didn't work with the hack of Radius I was running, because
of something Computone didn't have. It also seemed to be a lot harder to
set up than the Portmaster.

I really like the fact that the Powerrack has twice as many ports in the
same space as a Portmaster. I also liked the fact that it has 16/32/48/64
ports to match most modem racks and it uses RJ45 jacks.

Brian