Re: On-going cost effectiveness of PM3?

DamienT (damient@livewire.digicity.net)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 19:51:59 -0800

At 08:36 PM 11/22/96 -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:

>Yeah no kidding.. I really would rather not use an Ascend but use the PM3.
>But we don't have any ISDN (no BRI or PRI) out here - only channelized-t1
>at $41/line/month. I really hope Livingston gets channelized T-1 support
>done within a month or so.. *beg!* :)

I understand perfectly. Unfortunately, to my recollection, the folks
from Livingston noted that they were "surprised" by all the interest in
support for channelized T carrier immediately following the initial
PM3 product announcement.

The focus seemed to be only on ISDN at that point. Kind of a mega-
upgrade to the PM2 ISDN product. I remember thinking, "Wow, a real
Ascend killer."

Since then, an IXC has offered us local dialups all over half the
state at a wonderful rate...provided they can deliver this to us
over T-1.

So it was bye-bye to PRI and Pac Bell's associated exhorbitant
pricing...and the PM3...at least for the immediate future.

Damien