Re: 2400 baud support? Get real! (fwd)

Bryan Wann_Stigler_ISP (bcasey@galaxy.galstar.com)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:15:37 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Prof Jake Messinger wrote:

> > Depends on which digital line you want... In Southwestern Bell land,
> > flat-rate BRI is $180/month ($90/B channel), PRI is $500/month ($20/B
> > channel)
> Im not sure what rates you are talking about . Here in Houston
> , SWBT's largest area, flat rate on BRI is $57/mo.

That's what I said. All BRI services for 918 come out of Tulsa, if I
were to live in Tulsa, BRI would be $101/month, but in order to bring it to
somebody 66 mi away (such as myself), BRI costs $179 a month (I asked 3
seperate sales reps about it).
That's even what their Web page says for the Oklahoma (918) area.

It sucks when even compared to PRI, which is like $20/channel,
and channelized T-1 figures to $28/channel.

Bryan Wann, Owner, CNA, Solaris Sysadmin, BOFH >clickety-click<
CWIS Internet Services http://www.cwis.net
bwann@cwis.net bcasey@galstar.com Stigler, OK