RE: Win95 DUN with dialback

Frederic Hertling (fhertling@tercom.ch)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:34:31 +-100

Hi John,

I've try for mounth ago to write a script for the dial-back feature. There is a problem.
To activate the call-back process on win95 you have to do a special authentication
and the actual release of PM doesn't this authentication type.

Every time the PM authenticate you as a call-back user, it will cut the line and simply
call you back. On the win95, you won't receive the special packet to tell that PM is
calling back. Your DUN will react on the DCD lost and end the session.

If you have more informations, or if you are succefull in your dialback script I'm interested
to see how.

The call-back feature is surely possible with another IP kernel or DUN kernel as MS
(like On Net 32 from ftp software).

Hope it help

greetings from Switzerland.

Fred

Frederic Hertling
TERCOM SA
Switzerland

----------
From: John L. Jamison[SMTP:john.jamison@sagesoln.com]
Sent: jeudi, 21. novembre 1996 23:51
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: Win95 DUN with dialback

Hi,
I'm at the point where I understand that a user who wants dialback needs
to have a userid that specifies dialback with a specified location. I'm now
trying to build a chat script for the portmaster to call back to a WIN95 client
waiting for dialback.

If anyone has a sample CHAT script to do this you would save me a bunch of
time and I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance,
John Jamison

John Jamison