Re: Computone? (fwd)

Rick Smith (rick@tsa.net)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:26:04 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, MegaZone wrote:
> Once upon a time Philip A. Fitzpatrick shaped the electrons to say...
> >Has anyone here used any Computone products? We just got a 64 port
> >PowerRack, and it seems to work fine. I am trying to work on a similar
> >utility as pmwho, so that I can see who is dialed in. It works well with
> >Radius. Just wondering if anyone else has used these...
> You'll probably hear more on -users.
> Yes, a number of people tried them. It seems the nigh-universal reaction
> was to send them back and get more PortMasters.
>
> -MZ
> --
> Livingston Enterprises - Chair, Department of Interstitial Affairs

FIgures you get this response from Livingston. This is the reason I
will never buy another Livingston (only one in house is IRX-111 router)
I've NEVER gotten ANYthing but a NASTY attitude from Livingston reps.
Computones are solid hardware, they work with Radius, and they're MUCH
cheaper than Livingston. Cheaper - Better - Faster - Can it be true ? Yup.