Re: ISDN Pricing etc.

Dan Geiger (dang@livingston.com)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:27:33 -0800

The most flexible and interesing ISDN pricing I saw was offered by Internex
(Santa Clara, CA) about 6 months ago--they've since taken it off of their
web site (and I'm not sure what they now offer). But it was based on number
of IP addresses and had 3 levels--one for single user for ~$29/month, one
for small businesses 6 or 14 (?) addresses for ~$75 per month, and up to a
class C for ~$250 per month. These were not dedicated connections (in fact
I believe Internex would break any connection after 2 minutes of no traffic)
and the single and small biz services may have had a time limit above which
add'l charges were applied (40 or 80 hours a month?). I know that this
doesn't give you exact program info, but gives you most all of the
parameters you may deal with--specifically number of users and usage time.
Dan

At 02:31 PM 11/21/96 -0700, Cameron Christian wrote:

>So, I am about to start testing ISDN and I am trying to come up with a
pricing plan, I have looked around the net a little and have seen
everything from the sublime to the ridiculous.

>I am wondering if everyone could give me some feedback on how you are
pricing ISDN?

>Is anyone having any problems billing for per B channel pricing models?
>
>How does the 5 BRI card work in the PM2?
>
>Is anyone running PRI with a PM 3 or ascend? How is that working?
>
>Blah Blah Blah, Thanks in advance for any help or foreknowledge of
disastrous situations.

>Best Regards,
>
>Cameron Christian
>General Manager