RE: 2400 on a PM-3 - We're supporting it (fwd)

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:20:41 -0600 (CST)

Actually, reading below, I thought I would add a few comments. <G> Though
we only have a few 2400 Baud users, they don't only use Unix Shells. (We
don't provide Unix Shells) ... They use the account for email through
PPP.

Yes, PPP does work with 2400 Baud. In fact, it works just fine. They can
get online, receive Email through POP3, send email through SMTP, and it
works without a problem.

As for the Microsoft Internet Explorer Dialer (Shiva PPP), it works just
fine with 2400, too. <G> One of our customers uses just that, along with
Eudora for E-Mail.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.