Re: Problems with IPS !

Alexsandro D. F. Correia (acorreia@marlin.com.br)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 12:23:55 -0200 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Joe Hartley wrote:

> > I need some help here, if anyone is can help me !!
> >
> > Here we use Portmasters PM 2er, and i'm trying to fix an IP to a
> > determined port on my portmaster.
> >
> > The problem is that i'm not being successful to FIx an IP do a port.
> > Anybody have done this ? How ?
>
> I don't believe this is possible. IPs can be attached to individual
> logins, but not ports. If this is for a dedicated customer who has
> a line outside of the general pool, assign the IP address to their login
> in either RADIUS or the user table in the PM. Then when they log in, they
> always have the same IP.

But if a cant attach the ip to a port, how can i reserve the IP to the user.
Suppose there is an user logged on other port, and my client that have
the specified IP tries to log ! What will happen ?

Thanx !

Alexsandro

> Joe Hartley - jh@brainiac.com - brainiac services, inc
> PO Box 5069 : Greene, RI : 02827 - vox 401.539.9050 : fax 401.539.2070
> Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa

Alexsandro Correia E-mail: acorreia@marlin.com.br
Analista de Suporte Internet Tel : +55 21 224-9950
+55 21 253-2971
Marlin Internet http://www.marlin.com.br
Rua 7 de Setembro 48/13 Andar Tel: +55 21 224-9950
Centro - Rio de Janeiro Fax: +55 21 223-427
RJ - Brasil