Re: BellSouth does it again...

Jason Hatch (zone@loomis.berkshire.net)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 03:07:43 -0500 (EST)

In 9x land (to borrow someone elses term), residential lines are defined
as those which are installed in a residential builing. It's perfectly
legal and acceptable to use residential lines for businesses. 9x will even
sell you, as a residential customer, a Yellow Pages ad.

As far as I'm concerned the phone companies are not our friend. They
intend to compete with us, as Mike mentions below, using resources they
pay very little for.

I'm curious to know what you mean by cheating, Matt, and who you are
referring to. Isn't ADSL cheating? I mean, in this case we're asking the
telephone company for a cheap "dry" line across town and I'm sure none of
us would be stupid enough to tell them "it's so I can pump high speed
digital data to a customer without paying for a T1."

It's bad enough 9x can't do a simple thing without us having to try
several times.

-Jason