Re: MOD-101-ST (ISDN) question

Eric Launder (eric@livingston.com)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:02:18 -0800

At 10:23 AM 11/18/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm looking at putting in a MOD-101-ST in a PM2ER for ISDN support and
>have a few questions --
>
>- Does this module require an ISDN modem (eg. Bitsurfers) or does it have
> the NT1 type interface built into it and doesn't need one?

the MOD-10I-ST does not require an external ISDN modem, but does require an
external NT1.

>- If one is required, is there one of choice by those that use this
> module? or recommended by Livingston?

If you are in North America, you will need to provide your own NT1 for the
MOD-10I-ST...check out:

http://alumni.caltech.edu/~dank/isdn/isdn_hw.html#NT1

for a list of NT1's that should work with the module. If you are overseas,
your telco will most likely supply the NT1 for you.

hope this helps. let me know if you need anything else.

-eric-

--
Eric Launder
ISP Sales Development Mgr.