RE: farralon netopia isdn

William Sommers (sommers@sfo.com)
Sun, 17 Nov 96 14:30:46 PST

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 12:46:43 -0800 (PST) Robert Hanson wrote:

> has anyone fumbled through setting up a farralon netopia isdn router
> dialing into a 5bri card?

Not personally, though we have a few customers (with zero previous
experience in either ISDN or routers) who have managed to get it going
without any real difficulty -- they fax the config sheet, we fill it out,
they're pumping data within minutes/hours.

The /etc/raddb/users entry for one of them:

[snip] Password = "UNIX"
Framed-Address = aaa.bbb.ccc.49,
Framed-Route = "aaa.bbb.ccc.48 aaa.bbb.ccc.49 1"

The netmask table: aaa.bbb.ccc.0 255.255.255.240

On their side: PAP authentication, no compression

That's it -- no fuss, no muss, about as simple as these things get.

William Sommers
San Francisco Online
Televolve, Inc.
sommers@sfo.com