Re: Bitsurfr and PM2 config question

thoth@purplefrog.com
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:22:26 EST

"Steve Donnelly" <steve@genlink.com> ,in message <199611142015.MAA24797@hp1.gen
link.com>, wrote:

> I am using a Bitsurfr Pro connected to a PM2 async port. It works
> fine when using single B-channel AIMux, however it is unreliable
> when configured for dual B-channel. With dual-channel AIMux, the
> Bitsurfr will "lock up" within 5 minutes of a file transfer or
> other high traffic activity. I should mention the customer side
> is using a Bitsurfr Pro connected to a Win95 PC.

Have you upgraded the BitSurfr to ROM revision J yet? I had problems
similar to yours until I upgraded. Now the beast can stay connected for
weeks at a time. (the big connect time was from Oct 23 till about a week
ago. I wish I was running a recent ComOS so I could see the
AcctTerminateCause. I'll blame it on the phone company because Linux merely
logged a modem hangup :) .

---
Bob Forsman                                   thoth@gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/