Re: Bitsurfr and PM2 config question

Simon Nuthall (simon@livingston.com)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:28:10 -0800

----------
> From: Steve Donnelly <steve@genlink.com>
> To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
> Subject: Bitsurfr and PM2 config question
> Date: Thursday, November 14, 1996 12:13 PM
>
> I am using a Bitsurfr Pro connected to a PM2 async port. It works
> fine when using single B-channel AIMux, however it is unreliable
> when configured for dual B-channel. With dual-channel AIMux, the
> Bitsurfr will "lock up" within 5 minutes of a file transfer or
> other high traffic activity. I should mention the customer side
> is using a Bitsurfr Pro connected to a Win95 PC.

Rev J will more than likely be the cure on the lockups of the BSP

single v.120 dos/windows at&f&c1&d2\q3%a2=2%a4=1
single v.120 Mac at&f&c1&d0\q3%a2=2%a4=1
AIMUX dos/windows at&f&c1&d2\q3%a2=3&m@b0=2%a4=1(must be
115200)
AIMUX Mac at&f&c1&d0\q3%a2=3&m@b0=2%a4=1(must be
115200)
Multilink PPP dos/windows at&f&c1&d2\q3%a2=95@b0=2%a4=1
Multilink PPP Mac at&f&c1&d0\q3%a2=95@b0=2%a4=1

\q3 Enable bidirectional RTS/CTS flow control
%a2=2 V.120
%a2=3 AIMux (async sync mode)
%a2=95 PPP
%a4=0 64K
%a4=1 56K
@b0=1 1 B-channel
@b0=2 2 B-channels
&m Async

> This async port is configured in the same way as our 28.8 ports.
> I've checked handshaking (RTS/CTS), DTE Speed (115,000), etc.
> Should I make any changes to allow dual-channel AIMux? Is it
> Win95 that is causing the lock ups?

Not that I would expect. It sounds more like the BSP.

> Easy Question: Is it possible to use the Bitsurfr's multi-link PPP
> with the PM2 async port? Or, do I need to get a 5-port BRI card
> for my PM2?

The BSP can't do multi-link PPP to itself..from what I have read, hope this
helps.